What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apps auto start???

Gordone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I replaced screen and now i have apps that start just like you are touching them, but im not touching them. Any links near the home button sometimes start by themselves.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I replaced screen and now i have apps that start just like you are touching them, but im not touching them. Any links near the home button sometimes start by themselves.
There's a good chance that the replacement screen is defective. How does the touchscreen work if you're viewing a website in Safari?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Art apps are a good way to test your screen's touch function. Most get out of the way to let you draw anywhere on the the screen, and even when they don't you can usually rotate the iPad to move the tools out of the way.

Besides checking to see that all your screen is responsive, false touches should show up, provided you use the right kind of drawing tool. Something that only requires a touch (not a drawing motion) to work, and brightly colored to show easily.

I've never had to do this. It's just an idea from something I read a while back and only half remember.

OP
G

Gordone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a good chance that the replacement screen is defective. How does the touchscreen work if you're viewing a website in Safari?
At times it is fine, sometimes it zooms and retracts randomly.
I didnt realize the screen is more than just a piece of glass. Purchased cheap as i could find on ebay- how do i find good one?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
At times it is fine, sometimes it zooms and retracts randomly.
I didnt realize the screen is more than just a piece of glass. Purchased cheap as i could find on ebay- how do i find good one?
You could try buying a replacement screen from a supplier that only sells genuine Apple parts. IFixit is one such source. https://www.ifixit.com/Store
The price is higher but you get a genuine Apple replacement part.

Last edited:

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try buying a replacement screen from a supplier that only sells genuine Apple parts. IFixit is one such source.

I used IFixit to repair several parts inside my iPhone. They are a good source and can provide technical support if you have problems with the repair.

OP
G

Gordone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let us know how the screen replacement works.
Installed yesterday- none of the issues I had before have showed up!!!
Looks like a winner! And i did get seller of original one to replace it as defective. Now have a spare.
Thanks to all that helped!!!!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Installed yesterday- none of the issues I had before have showed up!!!
Looks like a winner! And i did get seller of original one to replace it as defective. Now have a spare.
Thanks to all that helped!!!!
I'm glad it's working properly again, thanks for letting us know.

Most reactions