What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seemless Screen Edges?

beastnatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad2 I noticed if you touch the left or right edge of the screen, it will sometimes act like you presssed it on the opposite side of the screen. I noticed this during an intense game of pac man (lol). I then played with a more visual app that follows your finger around. If I press near the left border, I can see it on the opposite side of the screen and visa-versa. I read there is no calibration for the screen at all. Is this by design, or should I take my iPad2 and get it replaced? It is only 2 days old.
Thanks!

OP
B

beastnatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An example of what I'm talking about is easily seen in applications similar to 'heat pad lite'. If you touch the left or right edge, you see it on the opposite side of the screen.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
beastnatch said:
An example of what I'm talking about is easily seen in applications similar to 'heat pad lite'. If you touch the left or right edge, you see it on the opposite side of the screen.

Hmm let me test that for ya. :)

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it is a problem with the calibration.
Same thing happens with my iPad 2. I guess it has something to do with the App you are using.
I have experienced the same with for instance Uzu.
Never had problems with other Apps.

What Pacman game are you talking about?

OP
B

beastnatch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think it is a problem with the calibration.
Same thing happens with my iPad 2. I guess it has something to do with the App you are using.
I have experienced the same with for instance Uzu.
Never had problems with other Apps.

What Pacman game are you talking about?
Thanks for checking. I had a couple of my friends do the same. I guess some apps just work different than others. The Pacman was a free one (it was only the first level). Using the swipe control, if you would go to one of the left or right tunnels to the other side, he would turn around as if you had tapped the other side of the screen. Since its by design (the app not the ipad), I'm not worried. I just wasn't sure if it was normal or not.
Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts