1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apps and Iphone to Ipad

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by therealhaddock, May 25, 2011.

1. therealhaddock

therealhaddock iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have just ordered an IPad2 which arrives in the middle of June.

This may sound like a stupid question, but when I sync it for the first time to my Itunes, do I have to rebuy all the apps that are on my Iphone or will some/all automatically go onto the IPad?
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    You don't have to purchase them again. They will transfer to your iPad if you choose that option when you sync in iTunes. Those apps that had a '+' symbol by them in the App Store will automatically reconfigure themselves for the bigger iPad screen. Older apps that do not have the '+' symbol will work fine on the iPad, but the display will be an 'iPhone size' display.

The App Store keeps a record of all your app purchases and, even if you accidentally deleted an app, you can download it again for no additional charge.

Tim
  3. therealhaddock

therealhaddock iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for that Tim, that was the answer i was hoping for!
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,985 / 1
    But you must use the same account for the iPad that you do for the iPhone. Don't make a new one. I believe the setup offers you a chance to create a new account along the way, which is why I mentioned it. Don't do it.
  5. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    Thanks, poet! Ooops - I forgot to mention that...:(

Tim