What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AppleTV not responding

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have my aTV for couple of months and few weeks ago it just "crashed"
No response to the remote, slowly blinking device, and a silver apple logo on the screen? Already received few ideas for rebooting and such ( for which I thank you guys again) but nothing really worked.

If any ideas would come up they are more than welcome.
Thx in advanced !

Regards,
GV

OP
W

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
Can you not connect the ATV to your computer and use iTunes to restore it?

If that fails, too, an Apple Store visit may be on your agenda soon.

Tried but I have no HDMI connection on my laptop, the ATV has no USB, and through the LAN, which I have on both devices, the comp does not recognize it at all...

Apple Store, here I come :/

Thx for the ideas anyways!

Videographer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you not connect the ATV to your computer and use iTunes to restore it?

If that fails, too, an Apple Store visit may be on your agenda soon.

You can restore the ATV through iTunes in your computer. You need a USB cable. Mini on one end that coonects to the ATV. Once you have it connected you can restore. I had to do it with mine a couple of weeks ago. Thankfully I had the right cable handy. I crashed mine when I turned it off during a software update. I didn't even know it was updating. I better pay more attention to what goeas on I guess.

Most reactions