What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spilled OJ, 16gb 3G, works however corner of screen doesn't respond

Kimmie83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
OJ was spilled into the iPad a few months ago so the rice idea isn't gonna help me :(
Everything works fine, I can connect to iTunes and have use of about 80% of the screen.
I can still see the whole screen except in the corner it does have an orange hue to it and in that spot it doesn't respond at all to anything. At the moment I have it taken apart. I was hoping to get in there and wipe off the orange juice that I
assumed would be there and make everything better but there was no layer of OJ lurking inside. Can I take the LCD apart and wipe in there? Which part would I replace if I can't fix it?
Thank you in advance for any advice!

Kimmie

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear about the OJ spill. It might be that some residue has boogered up the thing that detects touching in that section of the screen. I think it is the digitizer. That is replaceable especially since you have already gotten it taken apart.I don't know how much they cost on Amazon or eBay.

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hit send while attempting to edit.
Something seems to be shorting out to cause that area not to work.
Good luck. I hope you get it working 100% again.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kimmie83 said:
Hi,
OJ was spilled into the iPad a few months ago so the rice idea isn't gonna help me :(
Everything works fine, I can connect to iTunes and have use of about 80% of the screen.
I can still see the whole screen except in the corner it does have an orange hue to it and in that spot it doesn't respond at all to anything. At the moment I have it taken apart. I was hoping to get in there and wipe off the orange juice that I
assumed would be there and make everything better but there was no layer of OJ lurking inside. Can I take the LCD apart and wipe in there? Which part would I replace if I can't fix it?
Thank you in advance for any advice!

Kimmie

I think it's entirely possible that some Orange juice made its way to the screen connector. Orange juice is quite acidic and would cause corrosion in anything metallic that it touched. At the least, the connector would need replacing. Considering the age of the iPad, it may not be economical to repair it, even if it's technically possible. The cost of a repair might be better put towards the cost of an upgrade.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts