What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's Wireless Keyboard vs. Matias Wireless Folding Keyboard

WannaBeMac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Forgive me if this has already been discussed in another thread, but I can't always tell in the threads I found if the specific keyboards I'm looking at are what others are discussing.

I'm interested in the Apple Wireless Keyboard, but if it's the size of a netbook keyboard, then I'd rather go with the Matias Wireless Folding Keyboard even though it has the 10-key number pad, which I don't necessarily need/want.

Is there anyone who has the first kind of keyboard and can tell me if it's at least the size of a laptop keyboard?

Edit to state that I noticed that on the Apple website, the Matias keyboard has measurements while the Apple keyboard does not.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Apple Wireless Keyboard hey layout is only slightly smaller (height and width) than my full sized Apple Keyboard, minus the numeric keypad. I'd say it's about half an inch less both ways. This is achieved by reducing making the keys on the edges just a bit less wide, and the function keys on the top about half height.

Picture attached. Please ignore lousy photography and dirty keyboards. I'm too lazy to do anything about either at the moment. ;)

Attachments

• KeyboardSize.jpg
    KeyboardSize.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 731

Most reactions