What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple's App Store jumps over the 50 billion downloads threshold

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apps-010.jpg

​
Welcome to a world where applications have become a way of life. Instead of grabbing breakfast or coffee on your way to work, you instead download the latest app and play avidly all the way to work. The world has changed greatly and tech giant Apple is one of the pawns that made the transition possible. Apple opened its App Store back in 11th of July 2008 and since then, it has grown into a hugely popular portal.

This week marks a special occasion for the App Store, as a random customer has just downloaded the 50 billionth app. The lucky person in question will be awarded a massive $10,000 gift card, but we don’t know yet his or her name.

Apps have practically reconfigured the world. Dave Addey, who owns an app development studio, says that he has been into apps since they were first launched in 2008 and he still can’t get enough. He remembers his first app of his life – a puzzle game called iDrops, which inspired him to create applications of his own.

“It sold quite well, and taught me how the store worked and how to do app development work. Then I thought, 'what's the app that I really want to see?â€

Even if Apple wasn’t the first company to have an App store (Nokia did), it is the Cupertino giant that managed to create the dimension of the app we know today. Without it, apps would have probably be something else entirely.

Source: TheGuardian

Spugnut

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wish it was me. I noticed that the App counter has been removed from the store

Sent from my iPad using IPF

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wish it was me. I noticed that the App counter has been removed from the store

Sent from my iPad using IPF

Just wait another three months or so--Apple will start counting towards 75 billion apps. Apple has so much money, you'd think they would give US$20,000!

Most reactions

Latest posts