Applecare+

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by Kevin43, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Kevin43

Kevin43 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hi
    I have a question on my AppleCare plus warranty. I have phone technical support till May 24 2014 and repairs and services coverage till May 24 2014 i why is there limits apply on a warranty that you paid for? Thank you for any help on this.
  2. iDeviceGuru

iDeviceGuru iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, the reason for this is because overtime technology depreciates and eventually the damages on an expensive tablet can cost lots of money to repair as those specific parts may not be available. Also by that time you may have bought a new or different tablet.

The iDevice Guru
  3. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +467 / 0
    I should tell you that Apple carries spare parts to a maximum of 5 years world wide for any product covered by warranty. Most extended warranties for computers are 1 plus 2 years ie 2 years extended from original warranty. Batteries may not be included. iPads in most cases under Apple care are 1 plus 1 year unless they have changer
    it. One has to look at the depreciated cost after 3 years and decide if worth repairing. iPads have a low cost of ownership compared to regular computers. They hold there value and are less likely to fail. This does not including physical dave

Sent from my iPhone using iPF