What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple tv

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm getting one of these for Christmas, I want to jailbreak it to add XMBC to it, (is this easy?) also any feedback on these? I've heard a lot of negative comments about them but I want it just to AirPlay photos and films across, so what's the verdict from anyone who's got one? Any good? Issues resolved?

Cheers

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm getting one of these for Christmas, I want to jailbreak it to add XMBC to it, (is this easy?) also any feedback on these? I've heard a lot of negative comments about them but I want it just to AirPlay photos and films across, so what's the verdict from anyone who's got one? Any good? Issues resolved?

Cheers

AirPlay is limited to content streaming (photos , video etc) on the iPad 1. For iPad 2 I believe that the entire screen can be output to AirPlay (Video Mirroring). I assume that the iPad screen remains active while doing this.

Apart from that I find Apple TV quite limited on my iPad 1. I wish I had an iPad 2.

I would really like to see Safari hosted on ATV and don't understand why Apple didn't make this available. I think Safari is possible after JB.

OP
addiosamigo

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ah sorry wasn't aware there was an apple tv section :/

Most reactions

Latest posts