1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple tv

Discussion in 'Apple TV' started by addiosamigo, Dec 13, 2011.

1. addiosamigo

addiosamigo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I'm getting one of these for Christmas, I want to jailbreak it to add XMBC to it, (is this easy?) also any feedback on these? I've heard a lot of negative comments about them but I want it just to AirPlay photos and films across, so what's the verdict from anyone who's got one? Any good? Issues resolved?

Cheers
  2. RAC

RAC iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    AirPlay is limited to content streaming (photos , video etc) on the iPad 1. For iPad 2 I believe that the entire screen can be output to AirPlay (Video Mirroring). I assume that the iPad screen remains active while doing this.

Apart from that I find Apple TV quite limited on my iPad 1. I wish I had an iPad 2.

I would really like to see Safari hosted on ATV and don't understand why Apple didn't make this available. I think Safari is possible after JB.
  3. col.bris

col.bris Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +427 / 0
    Thread moved to correct section
  4. addiosamigo

addiosamigo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Ah sorry wasn't aware there was an apple tv section :/