What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple tv question

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will apple tv connect to my wireless network ok with my router being a linksys wrtz54g? Or do Have to have something else apple?

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
It will work with your router. I don't have that specific router, but I do have a Linksys router and have no issues at all with connecting my Apple TV.

Cool thanks so I can stream any videos that are on my ipad along with music correct?

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Somerled said:
yes. It works beautifully. It will even interface with your iTunes computer and can be controlled by the iPad with the Remote app. It is a really slick device.

Great thanks

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, you want a 'n' series wireless network. Second, make sure you do not have the AppleTV/TV set between your router and your computer.

OP
accordlayingkit

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
First, you want a 'n' series wireless network. Second, make sure you do not have the AppleTV/TV set between your router and your computer.

Could you maybe elaborate a little more.on this, sorry not sure I follow about a "n" series network.....and between router and computer?

Slygrin

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I'm running an 802.11g wireless network and it works great. 802.11n is definitely not required.

From Apples website:

Wi-Fi (802.11 a, b, g, or n) wireless network (wireless video streaming requires 802.11a, g or n) or 10/100BASE-T Ethernet network

Most reactions

Latest posts