What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple TV Jailbreak?

samch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jb my apple tv 2 using season pass and installed apple tv flash black on it.it's great I mostly use it for xbmc cos you don't have to convert to mp4 to watch films from your pc on it, plus you can see all the covers for the films on it and what their about when you are choosing a film to watch, it just looks great.you can do other stuff on it like surf the web ect too.
what I do like about apple tv is the way it interacts with air video, you can pick any film and press the airplay button and it sends it straight to the apple tv, converts it while you are watching it and plays flawlessly,even with having xbmc on it I still love to use airvideo sometimes cos its just a cool way of watching.
with the new ios 5 coming soon it also means you will be able to mirror your ipad without wires to your apple tv with airplay so it's really worth having one.
I love my jb apple TV it's great and I use it a lot.

Last edited:

johnl316

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both the apple tv 1 and 2 and am running xbmc on both. There are also quite a few add ons such as overflow menu that allows you to tidy up the ATV menus by consolidating them to avoid a lot of scrolling to get to the applications you want to run. I especially like nitotv. There is only one problem that I have run into with my original apple tv. Before I even used it for the first time I took it apart and installed a 160GB hard drive instead of the stock 40GB one. Because of the hard drive upgrade and the increased heat generated the unit over heats occasionally.

I was a little disappointed when I learned that the apple tv 2 would ship without storage capabilities. It is great to be able to store content on the apple tv and avoid the need to stream the content. This is the price to be paid for an inexpensive device I guess.

I paid 399.00 for the original apple tv and only 99.00 for the apple tv 2.

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
johnl316 said:
I have both the apple tv 1 and 2 and am running xbmc on both. There are also quite a few add ons such as overflow menu that allows you to tidy up the ATV menus by consolidating them to avoid a lot of scrolling to get to the applications you want to run. I especially like nitotv. There is only one problem that I have run into with my original apple tv. Before I even used it for the first time I took it apart and installed a 160GB hard drive instead of the stock 40GB one. Because of the hard drive upgrade and the increased heat generated the unit over heats occasionally.

I was a little disappointed when I learned that the apple tv 2 would ship without storage capabilities. It is great to be able to store content on the apple tv and avoid the need to stream the content. This is the price to be paid for an inexpensive device I guess.

I paid 399.00 for the original apple tv and only 99.00 for the apple tv 2.

The Apple TV 2 does not have storage, but a PC with iTunes does the job. This way, you can have 2TB of space without doing any jb. As a bonus, iPhone/iPad/iPod can also access the media files. Adding an upnp server to the PC, you can use any app client to download the media files on your iOS devices for later viewing when on the road. I use also Tonido which shares the content of the hd over the Internet a bit like dropbox. Pretty useful.

VicoPad addict!

Most reactions

Latest posts