What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Q1 2014 Results: 51M iPhones, 26M iPads; $57.6B in Revenue & $13.1B in Profit

RaduTyrsina

News Team
Reaction score
apple-hq-620x400.jpg

Yesterday, Apple has made public the fiscal Q1 2014 earnings, having reported $57.6 billion in revenue and $13.1 billion in net profit representing $14.50 per share. When it comes to the number of sold devices, Apple has shipped 51 million iPhones, 26 million iPads and 4.8 million Macs in the holiday quarter. Compared to Q1 2013, iPhone sales grew 6.7 percent while iPad sales grew 13.5 percent.

So, it seems that the iPad has seen a bigger growth than the iPhone. As we previously reported, analysts were expecting Apple to ship an average of 55 million iPhones and 25 million iPads. As a result, shares of Apple fell nearly 6 percent after the results were first revealed.

The iPad sales numbers beat the expectations, while the iPhone missed them. However, both the iPhone and iPad sales figures were new records, better than previous year’s 47.8 million iPhones and 22.9 million iPads. Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook said the following:

We are really happy with our record iPhone and iPad sales, the strong performance of our Mac products and the continued growth of iTunes, Software and Services. We love having the most satisfied, loyal and engaged customers, and are continuing to invest heavily in our future to make their experiences with our products and services even better.

Apple also sold 4.8 million Macs, compared to 4.1 million in the year-ago quarter. For fiscal 2014 second quarter, Apple is estimating a lower revenue between $42 billion and $44 billion, since the highly lucrative holiday quarter has ended.

Source: iPhoneforums

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only at Apple could share prices drop by nearly 6% with the announcement of record revenues and sales for the previous calendar quarter.

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Only at Apple could share prices drop by nearly 6% with the announcement of record revenues and sales for the previous calendar quarter.

Yes, investors made a ton of money, but were mad because they wanted a ton and a half so they ran to lower return investments that give what is expected - just stoopid :eek:

vespa5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interesting news. Nothing against Tim Cook, but ever since Jobs passed away, Apple's stock has slowly dipped with a few spikes here and there, but it has been a slow decline (while Google's stock seems to scarily grow exponentially - I haven't seen stock blow up in price like this since Enron). But interesting article.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting news. Nothing against Tim Cook, but ever since Jobs passed away, Apple's stock has slowly dipped with a few spikes here and there, but it has been a slow decline (while Google's stock seems to scarily grow exponentially - I haven't seen stock blow up in price like this since Enron). But interesting article.

I don't think it has much to do with Jobs passing. Apple simply cannot keep up some growth forever. It will end and is ending. It's the fate of all companies.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think for me with the higher amount of iPad sold by apple I think they should proritize it more.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, investors made a ton of money, but were mad because they wanted a ton and a half so they ran to lower return investments that give what is expected - just stoopid :eek:

Ya know,I'm really starting to despise these big shot investors. They have cost more jobs in this country than anything else due to to never ending demands. It's never enough profit, it's never enough of a percentage gain, it's simply never enough. I wish every big company was privately owned sometimes so they could flip the middle finger at Wall Street and those hedge fund managers. Ugh! :(

Most reactions

Latest posts