apple logo on off on off on off.... did I screw something up? please help.

Discussion in 'iPad DIY' started by pjd82, Jan 20, 2014.

1. pjd82

pjd82 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have done this once before and it was fine.. on this same pad. I am attempting to fix my iPad 2 digitizer again. This time... bringing my spudger around near the volume buttons I noticed the apple logo come on.. I did turn the iPad off before I started.

The logo went on.. then off... then on... then off...

After I got the screen off I noticed that I had cut the power ribbon cable from the power button down past the volume buttons. The main screen did eventually come on but then it turned off again.

And while I was playing with it I noticed the apple logo loop started again.

Did I screw something up real bad? Or will replacing the power ribbon flex assembly fix this?
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2014
  2. The OB

The OB Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +959 / 1
    Hello pjd and welcome to the forum. The iPad Help forum is of course visited by very helpful people with wide ranging knowledge, but I believe you stand a better chance of success with your issue among those brave souls who love to peer/work in the innards of the iPad all the while deploying their spudgers;) I'm transferring your thread to the iPad DIY forum with that in mind.
    The link here is an explanation of what is a spudger, a term I and possible others have not come across.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spudger
    Again, a warm welcome to our forum!
    Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro
    • Like Like x 1