What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

apple logo on off on off on off.... did I screw something up? please help.

pjd82

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have done this once before and it was fine.. on this same pad. I am attempting to fix my iPad 2 digitizer again. This time... bringing my spudger around near the volume buttons I noticed the apple logo come on.. I did turn the iPad off before I started.

The logo went on.. then off... then on... then off...

After I got the screen off I noticed that I had cut the power ribbon cable from the power button down past the volume buttons. The main screen did eventually come on but then it turned off again.

And while I was playing with it I noticed the apple logo loop started again.

Did I screw something up real bad? Or will replacing the power ribbon flex assembly fix this?

Last edited:

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have done this once before and it was fine.. on this same pad. I am attempting to fix my iPad 2 digitizer again. This time... bringing my spudger around near the volume buttons I noticed the apple logo come on.. I did turn the iPad off before I started.

The logo went on.. then off... then on... then off...

After I got the screen off I noticed that I had cut the power ribbon cable from the power button down past the volume buttons. The main screen did eventually come on but then it turned off again.

And while I was playing with it I noticed the apple logo loop started again.

Did I screw something up real bad? Or will replacing the power ribbon flex assembly fix this?

Hello pjd and welcome to the forum. The iPad Help forum is of course visited by very helpful people with wide ranging knowledge, but I believe you stand a better chance of success with your issue among those brave souls who love to peer/work in the innards of the iPad all the while deploying their spudgers;) I'm transferring your thread to the iPad DIY forum with that in mind.
The link here is an explanation of what is a spudger, a term I and possible others have not come across.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spudger
Again, a warm welcome to our forum!
Andrew

From Oz using Tapatalk Pro

Most reactions

Latest posts