What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Launches iCloud Set Up Guide to Help You Get it Up and Running

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Cnet gives the heads-up today on the fact that Apple has just launched an iCloud set-up guide designed to help you to get iCloud running like clockwork. Not everyone will need it, of course, but for those who have maybe purchased their first iPhone with the iPhone 4S, or their first Mac, this guide will come in very handy indeed. As Cnet says, the guide takes you step-by-step through the initial set-up phase, which begins, of course, with installing iTunes 10.5, then proceeds with the installation of iOS 5, which hopefully is going a little smoother today than yesterday when Apple’s servers apparently really felt the strain. And don’t panic if, like me, your iPad or iPhone decided to go a bit dead during the installation, simply run Restore to get everything back in order, and you shouldn’t lose anything provided you’ve already backed up of course. Once iOS 5 is sitting pretty on your device, it’s simply a matter of following the prompts onscreen to finalise setting up iCloud. And if you run into any more problems, the guide will help you every step of the way.

Source: Apple publishes guide on how to set up iCloud | Apple - CNET News
Apple - iCloud - Learn how to set up iCloud on all your devices.

msny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works very nice with Windows 7!

The only beef I have is that it has to use Outlook Mail 2007
and not Windows Live Mail to push its content.

I'd like to see this updated in the next release.

paradiddle89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used to sync to Outlook via iTunes, so I have contacts that are on Outlook and on iCloud now that i have chosen to backup via wifi instead of iTunes. If I install the iCloud control panel and sync to outlook, will it create duplicates of all of my contacts and appointments in iCloud or is it smart enough to know that they are the same?

grampjet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iCloud sounds terrific. It was relatively simple to setup, although not understanding all that it does, or can do, when doing the initial setup on the computer, and on iPads, was a bit of cart before the horse....meaning, selecting various on/off options in iCloud setup when you don't know exactly the implications, left me a bit uncertain.....

The things that don't seem to work are my documents show in the iCloud control panel but do not show up on my Pages App on iPad2. The photos I take on my iPad DO show up on the computer and other devices, BUT those I put in the upload folder on the desktop computer with Photostream running, do NOT appear in the iPad2 Photostream folder....

Will continue to play to see if I am doing something wrong.

Sent from Grampjet's iPad 2 using iPF

Trunkguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Unable to connect to iCloud

My iPhone and mac have conned to iCloud but my iPad simply isn't having it - anyone else having this problem?

grampjet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trunk guy, I had no problems with iPad and cloud.....in settings make sure you have iCloud enabled and registered with your iTunes account, and in Mail, Contact, Calendars also on settings, have been enabled for those you wish to use....apart from that I have no suggestions..

Sent from Grampjet's iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts