1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Apple knows where we are and wants to use it.

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by figmo10, Jun 21, 2010.

1. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Sign into iTunes today and get the prompt to agree to the new TOS? Didja see this dandy little clause?

To provide location-based services on Apple products, Apple and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Apple computer or device. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by Apple and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.

Hmmmmm....and no opt-out, either. Whatcha wanna bet those impending iAds are about to get....personal...?
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. Star56

Star56 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Earlier today a black helicopter with an Apple symbol hovered over my house.

They know where we are.
  3. thehatguy

thehatguy iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Somebody actually reads those T&C's???

John
  4. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I saw that same helicopter flying over my house :p. Dam Apple paparazzi's
  5. figmo10

figmo10 iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    C'mon, everyone knows that the Apple copters are unmarked.

Tin Foil hat doffed: It's more annoying than sinister. Apple and those who buy iAds are going to be able to directly target certain consumers in certain areas. And I don't for a second believe that personally identifiable info can't be gleaned from the location service data obtained from an iPad through black-hat methods.
  6. Matth3w

Matth3w iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I don't read the ads regardless, so it doesn't matter to me anyhow. I'm not going to read the ad whether it is personalized or not. As a matter of fact I'll be looking forward to the jailbreak app that disables that craptastic nonsense.

It's supposed to theoretically lower the cost of apps by providing a revenue to the app maker, but people are greedy and I'd bet a paycheck that it is going to do no such thing. Apps will still be 6-7 or more for games, have ads that slow it down, and nothing will change except that you will have to look at annoying ads.