What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple Ipad Jailbreaking really worth it?

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I tend to agree that AT&T are likely just analysing traffic volume and patterns on your device and nothing more. I doubt they are going to a level of identifying a browser client on HTTP traffic, but they are analysing none the less.
I don't see any evidence that mac address or IMEI play any part in it. Ive seen places require you to register a device mac address for network access and tethering works fine if you register the phone and then connect multiple devices through it. My speculation is it's just your luck whether your usage patterns make you get flagged or not...

Yeah, believe me - if they REALLY knew for sure if you were tethering or not, they wouldn't give you a chance to "opt-out"!! As of now, they are not going to that level as I've heard of people who really do tether get away with it, just by telling AT&T that they use Pandora a lot - and AT&T says "Ok, no problem- then we won't charge you"!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Please explain.... What sucks about it? Looks pretty damn cool to me!

Very slow. Makes the app switcher not work. So you can never clear out apps from ram. Limited usage. There are more hacks and tweaks that make springboard cooler and more useful.
Not worth the price in Cydia.

That's what I think though.

JesseDegenerate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jtrosky said:
Please explain.... Looks pretty damn cool to me!

Very slow. Makes the app switcher not work. So you can never clear out apps from ram. Limited usage. There are more hacks and tweaks that make springboard cooler and more useful.
Not worth the price in Cydia.

That's what I think though.

First, it's not slow. Depends entirely on what your running. It's another Dylib like winterboard, so if your running a ton of extra stuff, it will go slow. It uses about the same resources (in my experience, and i've used it since it's inception, on 4 different devices (i have users of my dreamboard "rain theme on 2g devices) and speak with the author regularly)

Is it my fault or dreamboards fault you have no clue what your own idevices run? or how much power they take away from your system?

It's also just come out, no more than a few months ago, and will support all springboard features in the future.

Your also wrong about the appswitcher, it works totally fine for all iphones, it's just ipad non portrait theme's that can't use it, and your jailbroken, so you have many other options that work fine.

Dreamboard is pretty much the future of iOS theming, winterboard is stuck with rows of icons. Before you flame probably the biggest jailbreak release this year, next time do some research, disable some dylibs, and speak up and ask questions at the mods home if your not getting good performance.

also, it's $2.99. If that's not worth it, then your the type that thinks they should get everything for free.

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

BOTH of you need to simmer down, remember the rules, and take a time-out. I'll be deleting those posts and issuing infractions.
This kind of flaming will not be tolerated.

Last edited:

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
JesseDegenerate said:
First, it's not slow. Depends entirely on what your running. It's another Dylib like winterboard, so if your running a ton of extra stuff, it will go slow. It uses about the same resources (in my experience, and i've used it since it's inception, on 4 different devices (i have users of my dreamboard "rain theme on 2g devices) and speak with the author regularly)

Is it my fault or dreamboards fault you have no clue what your own idevices run? or how much power they take away from your system?

It's also just come out, no more than a few months ago, and will support all springboard features in the future.

Your also wrong about the appswitcher, it works totally fine for all iphones, it's just ipad non portrait theme's that can't use it, and your jailbroken, so you have many other options that work fine.

Dreamboard is pretty much the future of iOS theming, winterboard is stuck with rows of icons. Before you flame probably the biggest jailbreak release this year, next time do some research, disable some dylibs, and speak up and ask questions at the mods home if your not getting good performance.

also, it's $2.99. If that's not worth it, then your the type that thinks they should get everything for free.

I did say that is what I think....
It may be the future, but for now, it has a long way to go. :)
In my opinion.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts