What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apple ID conflicting with my existing iTunes account how do I fix this?

kalyee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some of this I am completely illiterate on, I searched and did not find similar threads or topics on this. But one of last updates to my iPad it had me set up an Apple ID, ever since then it has only caused me problems with Apps when I download them and I am not connected to my computer, which of course is most of the time, the WHOLE reason for having an iPad, duh. So then sometimes it wants the Apple ID other times it wants my iTunes password, somehow these need to be the same...but how or why would Apple want me to create two different ones in the first place?

Color me confused, now that I am in this pickle how do I fix it?

The conflict comes when I sync, iTunes does not recognize the Apps I have downloaded! If I uninstall and reinstall I often lose data etc. and valuable time.

In one instance it is a game and it says I have not authorized the computer...when I do it still does not load the game. There is one game I had to delete and reinstall and after that the game itself tells me "You can't purchase this. You must purchase the app the item is for before you can buy the item" I have written to the game support people but they have no clue, besides this is a free game, I can't spend real money on it even if I wanted to! The error message happens when I try to buy stuff in the game.

Can anyone help in regards to the two accounts? How do I fix this? Why or how did this happen? I don't want it split!

Thanks in advance from this newbie....

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sounds like you've created two iTunes accounts. (Your Apple ID and iTunes are usually the same thing, and you apparently didn't know that and created another account.) Apple doesn't allow merging of iTunes accounts, AFAIK. I'd suggest you contact Apple about requesting refunds or credits, so that you might unite all your purchases on one account or the other. If you've created the extra account recently and haven't bought much on it, they might be willing to help. If you've got loads of stuff on both accounts, you might have no luck.

Some people use multiple iTunes accounts on purpose, but you have to track which account you used to buy what, so you can update, etc. I'd consider that more trouble than it's worth for my uses, but YMMV.

If you haven't bought much on either account and Apple won't help with refunds or credits, you might want to just suck it up, abandon one of the accounts and rebuy stuff and keep it on one account.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum!

The IPad Forum is a community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the Ipad. There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions you have. If then you cannot find the answer you are seeking then by all means post your question. There are many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - It is a very simple app to navigate.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8
Reading the IPad manual is a great place to start so please download a copy of these.
http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the IPad.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions