What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App store problem

Escadajr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I guess you've probably solved this problem now, but - just in case....

Some categories only have a single page of apps, so the 'next page' button is always gray.

You need to wait for the app icons to download before the button becomes active.

Other than that, I can't see what the problem would be.

Hope you manage to fix it...

Tim
Scotland
Hi!
I'm afraid this problem has not yet been solved. It happens when there is any installed application on page 1. If page 1 does not include an installed application, arrow for next page is active; otherwise, next page arrow grays out.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree. No installs on the first page and all is good. If you have something installed on first page of results then next arrow is greyed out.

flydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To verify your THEORY..

YES! there is an INSTALLED app on page 1, thus not letting me to go to page 2.

About upgrading OS.. I dont think that is it.. From other problem posts on other FORUMS, everyone is all across the board with iOS versions.

flydog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ANNOYING WORK AROUND:

Completely sign out of your account in the App Store, so it can not recognize what is INSTALLED or not.

All the pages were then available to me.

Escadajr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how or when, but it seems to be solved without an iOS update. It wasn't working with 4.3.2, now it is. Anyhow, thanks.

donka

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yip, it's fixed for me as of this morning too - obviously something server side.

Escadajr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another problem.
There are several parameters to refine a search: category, price, device, etc. And a sort parameter to have results sorted by Relevance, Popularity, etc. If you tap on a resulting app and then buy it or visit its website, when you return to the results, all search parameters are reset and you're back to page one.

Escadajr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm impressed with the Apple team's fast response! Yes, they fixed it! Maybe they just could do one more fix and also keep the sorting option unchanged? Many thanks and congratulations!

Most reactions

Latest posts