What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Store is MISSING!

Danielle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It seems very strange, but since the upgrade to OS 5, my App Store icon is MIA. I have even used the search feature to look for it, but come up empty. This is a non-removable app, so I could not have deleted it...

It is still present on my iPhone4 and that was also upgraded to the new OS. So I am at a loss. Anyone else had this icon disappear from their device? How do I fix it?

Thanks!
Danielle

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a thought (and probably a crazy one) but do you have restrictions enabled, specifically the installing apps restriction?

The Archangel

OP
D

Danielle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did have the installing apps restriction on... I removed the restriction. Should I expect that after the next iCloud update the app should appear again?

Regarding the restrictions settings... I assumed that enabling that restriction would prevent apps being downloaded without entering the password. But it seems that it restricts the user from even shopping in the app store? Seems a bit overkill if that is the problem.
Thanks for the idea to try. I appreciate the expertise on this site!

Danielle

Husq250

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes restricting makes the app icon disappear. I use it all the time on my kids iPods- app store, safari, iTunes.

Most reactions

Latest posts