What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing apps

Stef1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

Just joined your forum as I have a problem with missing apps on my ipad2.

I have at least 6 app icons which are missing, in the app store I had the opportunity to update them and they briefly reappeared whilst they were updating and once the update completed they disappeared again.

I have tried rebooting but no joy.

They are available to view in the app store under purchases where it says they are installed but I can't find them anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Stef1967

OP
S

Stef1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for replying.

I have already tried that I have no apps that are currently hidden.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Stef

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just checking, you haven't filled all your pages with Apps have you? There is a hard limit, and after that, they just don't appear any more. 9 pages I think from memory? If so, put some apps into folders to get the missing ones back...

If that's not the problem, can you find the apps by swiping right to the spotlight search screen and typing the app name in the search? You should be able to run any missing apps from there...

Finally, are you jailbroken?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Just checking, you haven't filled all your pages with Apps have you? There is a hard limit, and after that, they just don't appear any more. 9 pages I think from memory? If so, put some apps into folders to get the missing ones back...

If that's not the problem, can you find the apps by swiping right to the spotlight search screen and typing the app name in the search? You should be able to run any missing apps from there...

Finally, are you jailbroken?

The maximum number of home screen pages is 11, not 9.

OP
S

Stef1967

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just tried syncing the iPad. There are 12 apps which are missing. When I do the sync they all appear on page 7, I only have 6 pages of apps, however page 7 cannot be accessed on the iPad itself only on the screen of my pc. They are not in the spotlight search screen. I just deleted one of the apps in iTunes and now when I go to the app store in my iPad it says "install" instead of "installed" but the button is dim and pressing it doesn't do anything.

Thanks for the help any more suggestions?

I did not know what jail breaking was until you mentioned it so no it is not.

Last edited:

HPfan223

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's weird none of my apps have gone missing at all

Most reactions

Latest posts