What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App for developing WebSites

whitetortuga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone, noobie here! I used to be a huge iWeb user, and I guess we all know what happened to that! I'm looking to redo my (very) basic website using my iPad. I would also like to be able to work on it on my Mac too! Does anyone have any experience with any of the web developing apps that are out there? Are any of them any good, or even worth it? I'm very used to iWeb so anything like that would be excellent! For something this basic, I don't really feel like fiddling with HTML.

Hope this is in the right forum, thanks for your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are some very basic apps like HTML Egg, that only work on the iPad, and some advanced apps like Coda 2 and Diet Coda, which work on the Mac and iPad respectively; but I don't know of anything like iWeb that will work on both.

I'm currently using SandVox on my Mac. It is similar to iWeb, more powerful in some ways and less powerful in others.

I've also played around with HTML Egg. It's got potential, if you don't need anything too complicated. It makes nice looking pages anyway.

Now, if you just want to blog, there are a number of apps that will let you update a blog from the iPad, after it has been created using the usual website tools (most of which don't work well in Safari on the iPad).

Most reactions

Latest posts