What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube app or youtube.com? (apps vs websites)

ICEHITMAN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I currently like to use YouTube.com better than the YouTube app. While the app does look nicer, it doesn't allow me to browse through categories, like if I want to watch the top rated comedy videos of the week, I can do that on YouTube.com, plus the hd videos look better on the website.

Facebook is another one I can't decide on. While Facebook.com looks nice and displays more data on the screen at one time, I have to use a Facebook app if I want to update my profile picture.

Basically what I'm saying is.... Do you prefer apps or websites?

Personally I like websites.

Aladyleyna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, it would depend on the website. Sometimes, for forums (like this one) or Facebook, I would prefer the app, because it looks a lot neater, and it doesn't take such a long time to load. Granted, there are some functions which I need to visit the website in order to use them, such as multiple quotes for this one, but since I rarely use that, I don't mind.

But for YouTube though, I actually prefer the website, mainly because I am unable to access my liked videos, and I end up visiting those way more than my favorites.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Been using the VideoHunters app with YouTube recently. Worth a look.

neeharc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also prefer the website. It's definitely better. I use Soundbox for Youtube app which is kinda of like an itunes like interface for youtube and it has a built in browser to browse the Youtube website. It's pretty cool. Maybe worth checking it out.

Most reactions

Latest posts