What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App file "sharing" in iTunes (Apps tab)

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is it possible that the "file sharing" section on Apps tab in iTunes still supports one-level files only (flat structure)? That is, you can't create and use a folder there.
(So that you need to use iExplorer, iFunBox etc. for this purpose.)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
File Sharing in iTunes shares to whatever folder the developer enables in their app. If it is capable of supporting subfolders I’ve never seen it. Or if I have, I’ve forgoten seeing it.

But in general, since you only get access to those folder the developer chooses to share, it’s never going to be as flexible as the other apps you mentioned. Then again, it’s not as dangerous either. It won’t let you accidently change or delete a critical file.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought that part always points to just the /Documents folder within app's sandbox, so nothing critical there.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I thought that part always points to just the /Documents folder within app's sandbox, so nothing critical there.

It probably does, most of the time. However the iWorks apps require you to import/export files to iTunes before they can be used with File Share; so obviously it's not set in stone.

Most reactions

Latest posts