What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ITunes and File Sharing Problem

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just experienced a possible problem with ITunes File Sharing section. I have found that after sync when I first select one of that Apps in the File Sharing section example Stanza I am able to see the all the files (books in this case) on the IPad 2. However after checking other files share apps and then returning to Stanza I no longer see any files. This occurs with all the apps in this section. In other words one only gets to see the files once!

Has anybody experienced this problem of know of a possible reason / solution.

Thanks for input.

Globalpad

Ps Latest ITunes installed.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've noticed it while file sharing from GoodReader. I thought I had done something wrong, but you're right, I could only see the files once. I think what I did was disconnect my iPad, restart it and iTunes, then reconnect. I could then see all the files again. Relieved, I quit, and didn't experiment any further. I'll have to play with it some more, but if I didn't get the "sequence" wrong, then it's a quirk of iTunes.

Maybe someone who's used it more may have some more info.

OP
G

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richsadams - thanks for the move.

Jeeper - thanks for the feedback - With your similar experience it must be something weird with ITunes as you say maybe somebody else knows something.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was playing with File Sharing today, with GoodReader, and everything worked just fine. Hmm...

Is yours still acting up?

OP
G

Globalpad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Jeeper

I have also been experimenting and yes I have also experienced a change. I was backing up Note Taker HD and Stanza (successfully) and returning to each share app I also found that the data was still available - weird !!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts