What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

App Cleaners

Gramma24

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to clean up unwanted downloaded apps? Do I need to have a certain program for this?
Thank you,
Gramma24

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
this is a good question you just cant delete them?? i dont have an ipad yet so i dont know but iam surei will wanna get ridof some apps also

rah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You just remove the app by doing a long press and clicking on the X in the upper left corner of the icon. If you wanted to remove the app as if you never bought it, it's not possible.

Jota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is that after deleting from the IPad, when you synchronize with ITunes it will show up on iPad again.
There is a way to avoid that?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can remove apps...except the apps Apple gives you, i.e., Contacts, Calendar, Email. As described earlier, when you press on an app long enough for it to wiggle...press the x and the app is gone. (Apple's given apps will not display the x--you can move these apps around, but you cannot remove.) That is step One.

Step Two, go to the Apps app and remove them from your app list. This will give you a warning and ask you: Are you sure? If you are then press yes.

I used to do this when I first got my iPad. But then I had no way of remembering which app I had bought and found useless. So I created a reject folder and put all unwanted apps into that folder. I also thought that I would prevent an app from updating but then I discovered that after some updates, some apps became useful!

YMMv!

Jota

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do mean by "go to the Apps app and remove them from your app list."?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What do mean by "go to the Apps app and remove them from your app list."?

The App Store has a list of your apps. BUT, I was wrong to advise you to go to the App store app to delete the app permanently. You have to go either to iCloud or iTunes (dependiing on where you back up) and delete from there.

Here is a link to review:

Delete iPad Apps - How to Delete iPad Apps?

Tweetyfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
apps are still listed in iTunes just not on your iPad. I cannot find a way to permanently delete them. Also, how did you set up an reject folder since that might help as I have so many apps that I do not use anymore and the list in iTunes is very large to go through if I want to find an app.

dMog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
go to your itunes program and open the apps folder and delete them from there

Tweetyfan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

go to your itunes program and open the apps folder and delete them from there

Thanks for the info it really helped. I would also like to set up a reject folder as you did, did you do that in iTunes under the app tab too? Or did you do that on your computer and moved it from there? Thanks for all your help.

Billee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could never figure out why it was a two step process to permanently remove an app. There should be an option when removing it from your iPad: "remove from iTunes also?"

Come on Apple, ios is supposed to be user friendly.

Most reactions