What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone with a Colcasac?

daveseidner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Colcasac

I have one, and I'm not thrilled with it. It's the one designed to fit iPad2 with smartcover. I think it's a little too snug. You need to fuss with it to get it all the way in the sleeve. The edges of the device don't really work well with the inseam of the sleeve. It seems one side of the device is on top of the inseam on that side and the other side of the device is underneath the inseam. It looks a bit awkward in the sleeve. I emailed Colcasac about the issue and they were very responsive and sent me another one. Unfortunately, not much difference. If you're looking for a real snug fit, then maybe this will work for you. I'll sell you one of mine for $20 + shipping if you're interested.

OP
P

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Damn, this is quite bad to hear. I was almost ready to order it. It does sound awkward, the way it is inside, especially when they look so perfect in the sleeves :p

Well I'm gonna do some more research on sleeves, but if I don't find anything within a couple days I might just give it a try and buy one off you. In which color do you have them?

daveseidner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The color/style I have is Uintah.

The woman from Colcasac told me they're designed to fit snugly. This may be a matter of preference. To me, they fit awkwardky with the smartcover on and nicely with the smartcover off. I'm new to the iPad world and never sleeved anything before, so this could be the norm and I'm just sensitive to it. Without anything to compare it to, it's tough to say, but those are my impressions of it.

Let me know if you're interested and good luck with whatever you choose.

daveseidner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The other thing is, I have a polyurethane cover. It may slide in and out of the sleeve nicer with the leather cover, can't say for sure.

OP
P

Patriks7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm most likely going with the SwitchEasy Canvas (CANVAS for iPad 2 - SwitchEasy). Everything I read about it and saw in a couple YouTube videos points to it being the case to beat right now.

It looks to provide a lot of protection and useful stand positions. Only thing I'm concerned with is that it might add a bit more bulk than a SmartCover with a sleeve would've added, but the protection will be totally worth it. Especially since I will be traveling a lot this summer and the "bulk" of that in the end will still be better than carrying around a 15" MBP ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts