1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Anyone tempted to sell their iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by skatealex2, Sep 29, 2010.

1. skatealex2

skatealex2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone tempted to sell their iPad for second gen?

I only ask because it seems like we may get an announcement soon or in January about the second version and from the looks of things it could end up being the same size but slimmer and more light weight which seems like a decent upgrade. I don't care for the camera personally but if it's a bit slimmer and easier to hold that could be cool.

I love my current iPad but it's tempting to sell it for a good price while I can so i can get the new one when it's out but I also figure by the time I have a second iPad, the third version is probably going to be an even bigger upgrade and probably alot more significant of an update by then but we don't even know much about the second yet. :ipad-movie:

Anyone thinking of selling theirs or even just waiting two years for the third version?
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Wakawaka

Wakawaka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I love the new iPhone 4. I really wish the new iPad will have the same build quality and same box like design with a more resistant backing. The aluminum backing now is just too slick to feel comfortable lugging around naked.

I'll keep mine until the battery dies. Worst case it's retired to a very expensive photo frame
  3. skatealex2

skatealex2 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I usually a case for mine but I like how the iPad feels without it personally
  4. Wakawaka

Wakawaka iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Oh I agree. When at home it's naked. At work or travel there is a case. You just can't beat the feel of it.
  5. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    The latter - it's always my philosophy to skip a generation between upgrades. In my esperience, the next generation offers new features and improvements, while the one after typically offers genuine technological advancements. So the 2nd generation iPad will have features the current one could have had but didn't, for whatever reason. The one after will have tech that's not even out yet, likely still in development.
  6. matt_90036

matt_90036 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    nope, i am on the market to buy one.
  7. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Bought a second one to keep the family quiet.
    That said I'll happily be buying the next incarnation.

As someone once said, the only difference between the man and the boy is the cost of their toys......
  8. G.P

G.P iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm more inclined to buy the current Pad, and wait till the 3rd generation before updating, for the reasons given above by ebp. At the very least I'll get my money's worth out of it over 2 years, by which point there should be enough of an upgrade worth it to me to invest in a new one. And no, having cameras in the next version wouldn't fit into that category.
  9. Hasty

Hasty iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    They won't stop working when a new version comes out :)...........
  10. pallentx

pallentx iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    haha exactly. If you find your iPad useful today, it will be equally as useful the day after the new one comes out. I have my frustrations with the iPad like everyone else, but not enough to spend another $600+ on a new one that offers a handful of new features. I plan to carry this one at least another year or two. By then, there should be some great options on the market for a replacement.
  11. rogatsby

rogatsby iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been more than satisfied with my iPad. When the new one comes out, I'll probably buy it donate my old one to my son.
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  12. SweetPoison

SweetPoison iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +132 / 0

ITA! And I spent $900!
  13. jaybrass73

jaybrass73 iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'll be waiting for 3rd gen before I do anything with mine!
  14. BrennB

BrennB iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I already sold my first one and upgraded to 3g.... not going there again for a few years... ok til version 3 or major changes are announce and I have $$ again. LOL
  15. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Gonna have to be some major updates fr me to go thru the hassle of selling this one!
  16. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Ill wait till ver. 3 although i want da cam bad. Not worth sellin g my ipad only to get way less thn what i paid for it. This aint no cheap piece of product to switch up all the time like that. See, this is what kills me, Apple could have easily released all the upgrades on ver. 2 the first time around. Anyway its just to compete n be on same level of new tablets coming. Version 3 will more thn likely be a huge leap. Now if version 2 has more RAM, cam, rumored usb mini port, then maybe ill get it.
    They need to stop b.s.n and come with the drivers or software to add cam thru Usb cam connection kit. Then we really wouldnt see improvement in version 2. Tired of all the workarounds or jailbraking just to get features it should be able to do out the box.
    They say jailbraking can mess up ur ipad, well mines no longer jailbroke n on this 3.2.2 ive never had my ipad reboot this much. It only seems to occur when scrolling thru saved pix album. Apple needs to accept the jailbrake n not void warranties cuz of it. Because their own firmware acts up even when not jailbroken...lmfao
  17. Itwasntme

Itwasntme iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unless the 2nd generation comes with more ram, I'll be holding out until the 3rd generation.
  18. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Have you experienced any issues with the amount if currently allotted ram? It's not like a pc where developers program for the highest specs you can have for best performance. There is only one iPad....so everything should run just fine with the amount of resources it has. If they offer a performance boost than I can understand it...otherwise your just buying a white sheet.
  19. pallentx

pallentx iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    True, but once the new one is out, you might start seeing apps that only run in V2. I wouldnt worry much about that now though. Most developers are not going to want to alienate a large user base by developing that way. The 2nd gen will have to be out a while before that starts happening.
  20. gentlefury

gentlefury iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    That didn't happen on the iPhone until the 3rd gen....so I expect about the same from the iPad....you don't eol a device after a year of use....people are just getting used to it by then.