What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone having issues with the clock on the ipad?

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed in the last few days that the date/time is wrong. My setting is to set automatically. I set the clock manually, but then switched to automatic again to see if that would fix it. The time then went back to the same wrong date/time it had before. The automatic time is about 16 hours 32 minutes behind!

OP
M

mossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
More info in addition to the above. I just tried to see what would happen if I switched from wifi to cellular data. The time then updated correctly on the 3G network. When I go back to wifi, it maintains the correct date/time. Strange.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only problem I had was when I was syncing my iPad with my computer. I kept setting the clock on the iPad only to come back later to find it an hour off. I don't use e clock on my pc so I hadn't noticed it was an hour off. Everytime I would sync my iPad it would reset the clock to the incorrect time. It took me a day or so to figure it out,

jeffreytz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my iPad (non-3G) is gaining time, it was rock solid before. Really annoying it isn't syncing time correctly via the internet, mine is connected via WiFi nearly all day long.

iSoozin60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine gains time and only goes back to correct time when I connect to my MBP to sync. It's only a few minutes that it gains between synching but it does get annoying.

jeffreytz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes

Do you all have the correct time zones set?

Yeah time zone is correct, the drift is only a few minutes so its not a time zone problem. Sounds like it only actually syncs time when connected to a Mac/PC which is just more lazy OS programming (consistent with these Apple products, it seems).

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My clock will not work. I have tried deleting my city and re-selecting ... The app still stuck on the wrong time. It never changes on my
home screen. If i click and enlarge the clock to screen size it is the correct time.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
WhydidIbuyit said:
My clock will not work. I have tried deleting my city and re-selecting ... The app still stuck on the wrong time. It never changes on my
home screen. If i click and enlarge the clock to screen size it is the correct time.

Are you saying that the time showing in the clock app icon on the home screen is always showing the wrong time? If so, the answer is, it's supposed to be that way. The app icon is not animated. You only see the correct time when you open the app. How about the time shown in the black bar at the very top of the screen, is that time correct?

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It fixed mine after syncing :) but will monitor it every now and then to make sure that this is fixed.

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm laughing. I'm also embarrassed. I can't believe I didn't figure that out!!!! Duh! Hey, thanks muchly scifan57! I'd be mortified to tell you how much time I put in trying to "fix" it. :D

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm laughing. I'm also embarrassed. I can't believe I didn't figure that out!!!! Duh! Hey, thanks muchly scifan57! I'd be mortified to tell you how much time I put in trying to "fix" it. :D

if you are jailbroken and want it live you can go to cydia and install "liveclock"

Most reactions

Latest posts