What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any point to the ipad?

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If we have a netbook, desktop, and ipod touch already?

It looks sweet and I want it but I don't have any reasons to get it.

It's a good question, and like many of the questions here as to iPad vs this, that or the other thing, it boils down to what you need and want. And also what kind of consumer you are.

I use my iPad at work as much as for pleasure, so for me it was a simple choice. I just had to decide which model I wanted and if it would be an actual iPad or would I wait for another platform to come along. 64 gb was plenty of memory for me, so I wasn't concerned with lack of memory expansion. For others that might be a concern if say, they want all their movies on their tablet at one time. I love the look and feel of the iPad and after looking at other platforms which looked and felt a little "mickey mouse" my choice was made. I'm not one to trade out in a short span of time, so the price tag didn't scare me off too much. For people who trade up or out frequently, they might not want to invest so much at one shot knowing that in a few months they will be back in the market for something else.

It all depends on you.

Last edited:

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try out the Ipad, either at a store or buy one. If you like it keep it, if not return it. You will probably keep it. I have an Iphone, but love the larger screen. I carry my Ipad with me everywhere.

Reaction score
So you are saying icab doesn't refresh the page every time you change to another tab?

Not sure what you mean by refresh. Do you mean does it (icab ) check for a new look while minimized?
I know I've had 5 windows open at once with ease but they were static pages on 5 different websites so I don't know. Best I can explain it is it seems to act like my ie8 on my desktop. Speaking of that I have now added Splashtop to my Ipad and Incredible phone to remotely use my desktop and anything my desktop does that my Ipad doesn't I just use the desktop via Ipad or phone. That way I get the capabilities of my phone and desktop on my Ipads bigger screen than my phones.

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

OP
U

USERNAME_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys I think I am going to get one but wait for the Ipad3.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had the Touch first and amazingly read news, forums, etc. but what a pain for "older" eyes but knew I'd love the Ipad for those things--not realizing how much more I would use my Ipad for, now never using my laptop and not often the desktop though all my photoprocessing with Photoshop and Lightroom is done there.. Now I use my Touch as my music player. Right now I'm at our pool using the Touch to connect via my router to Pandora or Rhapsody with my old Altec portable using aux. since its meant to use "docked" with my old Ipod. I use the Touch with 2 different sound systems in the house and the Sony even charges while using the sound system. I use it with an outdoor speaker, use it in my car with the dled music from Rhapsody and my own mp3 collection. I expect when this Touch dies I'll buy another just for the easy portability of it for music. I very occasionally read Kindle books on it but usually have my Ipad with me for that. i really like having both. Still have an old Ipod Classic but never use it.

Diane

DrHouse said:
M'y First impression of the ipad was that it was a big iPod to touch, nothing more. When I finally got it, I discovered that it is more than that actually. With a bigger screen, everything look so much better. It's easier to go on Internet with a full screen display, games look fabulous, apps design are more efficient and more intuitive since there is more space to work it, I could go on and on...

Let's ask the question the other way around: why would you want an iPod touch if you had an iPad? Only answer that comes to my mind is that it would fit in your pocket...

Having a bigger keyboard makes text input a lot easier, reading news is more natural on the iPad. I have an iPhone 3GS and I find it really great on the road... But at home, I don't use it anymore beside behind a phone... Why would I be willing to use a 4" display when I can have a 10" display?

The iPad, or any tablet for that matter, will be the way of future Internet access and information consumption... It makes so much sense using this device instead of sitting in front of my laptop, booting it, waiting for my desktop to load, stuck with a heavy device compared to tablets.

Why would you be disappointed by using an iPad instead of the iPod touch? I just can't see how it would be possible...

Yes, I know, I love my iPad... There must be a reason ;)

VicoPad addict!

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
My thoughts exactly!! I love the instant-on, instant-off and incredible battery life. No more searching for those power outlets in Starbucks.....

Tim

+1. Oh, have to lengthen my message LOL.

Most reactions

Latest posts