What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any point to the ipad?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
M'y First impression of the ipad was that it was a big iPod to touch, nothing more. When I finally got it, I discovered that it is more than that actually. With a bigger screen, everything look so much better. It's easier to go on Internet with a full screen display, games look fabulous, apps design are more efficient and more intuitive since there is more space to work it, I could go on and on...

Let's ask the question the other way around: why would you want an iPod touch if you had an iPad? Only answer that comes to my mind is that it would fit in your pocket...

Having a bigger keyboard makes text input a lot easier, reading news is more natural on the iPad. I have an iPhone 3GS and I find it really great on the road... But at home, I don't use it anymore beside behind a phone... Why would I be willing to use a 4" display when I can have a 10" display?

The iPad, or any tablet for that matter, will be the way of future Internet access and information consumption... It makes so much sense using this device instead of sitting in front of my laptop, booting it, waiting for my desktop to load, stuck with a heavy device compared to tablets.

Why would you be disappointed by using an iPad instead of the iPod touch? I just can't see how it would be possible...

Yes, I know, I love my iPad... There must be a reason ;)

VicoPad addict!

Reaction score
ITunes or the built in store on your iPad. It's a browser that works very well on both the iPad and iphone . I'm not sure if it will work on an iPod though. One of my favorite features is offline pages and another is the capability to trick websites into seeing another browser instead a mobile one. All 3 major platforms are covered so the choice is yours as to which you want to use it as. Tabs across the top of the browser, favorites across the top, etc are some more nice features as well as uploading of files to the web capable
It's kind of hard to wrap our head around the iPad vs the iPod until you go check one out. I think you will find though similar the extra size screen, extra speed and the ergonomics of the iPad will show you they are similar in many fashions but the differences are so dramatic it will impress you.
I'm not familiar with the apps for the iPod but I can state just about any annoyance with Safari or any other built in apps can easily be overcome via an app form the iPad

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Last edited:
OP
U

USERNAME_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ITunes or the built in store on your iPad. It's a browser that works very well on both the iPad and iphone . I'm not sure if it will work on an iPod though.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Do the tabs work better on it than on safari?

Reaction score
If you mean having more than 1 window open in your screen at a time without having to tab like safari, yes.
If you open a new screen in Safari it does the one screen and if you want to go back the pita method. With icab, like on a desktop, it opens a new window and tabs the other on screen. To go back just touch the tab and it acts like your desktop. I don't know how many tabs it will do as 5 has been the most I've needed. I saved my favorites across the top of the screen as well and just scroll side to side instead of having to open my book marks.
If a site chooses mobile view I switch to ie8 , Android 2.2 or Mac to get the full site vs the Safari style mobile version. Comes in very handy.
Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USERNAME_ said:
do the pages refresh every time you change to a different tab like the itouch does? I hate this.

Yes, iPad doesn't have the ram to do that. :)

Off to bed...

The iPad1 usually, but not always, refreshes due to lack of RAM. I've seen several demos of the iPad2 however and, side by side with my iPad1, the iPad2 (with twice the RAM) never refreshed once.

Tim

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dont get an ipad.
they're rubbish.
i only go on mine about 4 hours a day to annoy my girlfriend.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
dont get an ipad.
they're rubbish.
i only go on mine about 4 hours a day to annoy my girlfriend.

My comment. and not personal ok

Pease complete the statement so there is some logic in it.

As it is incomplete I will ask you ....why is it rubbish? and why would any one spend hundreds of dollars on a iPad to annoy a girlfriend. Then we can respond at least with a solution that may allow you to enjoy the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts