What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

any point to the ipad?

hfw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
USERNAME_ said:
How many tabs can you have open on the internet?

I think it depends, in part, on the browser. I'm finding fewer limitations using iCab than Safari.

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was being sarcastic!!
i love my ipad!
i suppose its hard to get sarcasm over the internet... or if you're american :p

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
mikeos said:
i was being sarcastic!!
i love my ipad!

Over the Internet. Not because most of us are American.

:p you

:)

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it has a great screen for seeing the items on the screen along with beening able to use anywhere when you have wifi ..

it great for checking emails on the fly and surf the web if need along with playing a game or listening to music or reading a ebook when you have some down time and it alot easlyer to carry around than a laptop

OP
U

USERNAME_

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you are saying icab doesn't refresh the page every time you change to another tab?

wvernon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i was being sarcastic!!
i love my ipad!

Only the ones who rode the short bus. Go ahead and ban me. I'm sure it's the only power you have or ever will have in your life, enjoy.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have heard that Americans do have a hard time understanding sarcasm, or irony! :) Haha jk ( or am I?) lol

On a serious note I use my iPad daily, to browse, send/check emails, play games, read books, there's nothing this thing can't do (digitally) people say it's an overgrown iPhone/iPod but its a different device altogether IMO, the experience using an iPhone and an iPad are entirely different! And I have both.

If you can afford one, get one!

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Last edited:

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love questions like this.

I usually hand the questioner an iPad and they reach their own conclusions after a few minutes. Wish I had commission for the number I've sold this way........

dj_in_cleveland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first saw the ipad in advertising, I thought, Ha...no one's gonna buy that. I was slightly mistaken.

Then I thought I still couldn't see how I would ever use one. I use windows laptops and android phones. I would never use something like that.

Then I got to play with one...pretty cool. Then I saw how people were actually using them.

I saw how I could do just about everything I use a laptop for...and have it come on instantly, and have it last all day.

I still use a laptop for some things...but the things I do every day, and a lot of, can be done much more quickly on my ipad.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I first saw the ipad in advertising, I thought, Ha...no one's gonna buy that. I was slightly mistaken.

Then I thought I still couldn't see how I would ever use one. I use windows laptops and android phones. I would never use something like that.

Then I got to play with one...pretty cool. Then I saw how people were actually using them.

I saw how I could do just about everything I use a laptop for...and have it come on instantly, and have it last all day.

I still use a laptop for some things...but the things I do every day, and a lot of, can be done much more quickly on my ipad.

My thoughts exactly!! I love the instant-on, instant-off and incredible battery life. No more searching for those power outlets in Starbucks.....

Tim

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, to directly answer the original question:
I have an iPhone which is essentially just like an iPod Touch, so we'll call that even, I have a netbook and a desktop too. And yes, of course I have an iPad. I'm more than glad I do and I use my iPad for totally different reasons. It has been ten times more helpful than I could have imagined. The battery life alone and portability factor are amazing, and the amount of apps add such functionality that I can take on the road with me. I read in bed with my reading apps and my PDF viewers. I type notes with the long battery life using Docs to Go and don't have to worry about being near an outlet. I used to cringe with my three hour battery life netbook. Instant start up is another plus. I use different apps on my iPad than I do on my iPhone most of the time, but sometimes I have used the same ones-so it is also nice to have the flexibility. My desktop I still like to have to check my e-mail in the morning, and I use the widgets. Each has a purpose.

Most reactions

Latest posts