What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another new iPad 2 thread (not 4.3.3 one)

meomeo986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK i think u guys got bored with this, but i just got 2 new 3G iPad 2 (well my mom and dad's actually), and they are 4.3.2 and 4.3.5 in firmware, which could not be jailbroken at the moment.

But I heard that the iOS 5 will be jailbroken anytime soon on iPad 2, so should I upgrade them to 5.0 and wait for it?

If yes, then i got another few questions:
1. Im using iTunes 10.3 which works well with my already jailbroken 4.3.3 iPad, if i want to upgrade (another) iPad to 5.0, do I have to upgrade iTunes also (10.5 i guess)? And if so could i still use it with my own iPad?
2. Is there problem with 5.0 on 3G iPad 2 so far, like we can't turn off 3G or unstable wifi or randomly crash, which i heard from my friends? If so then i wont mind upgrading, cos it's annoying and my parents seems not to need JB that much.

Thanks in advance!

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10.5 will work with your 4.3.3 jailbreak no worries, as 10.5 is needed for 5.0.

iOS 5 is jailbroken on the iPad 2, we just gotta wait now till its fully ready.

iOS 5 is fine, do 1 first and see how it goes.

OP
M

meomeo986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
10.5 will work with your 4.3.3 jailbreak no worries, as 10.5 is needed for 5.0.

iOS 5 is jailbroken on the iPad 2, we just gotta wait now till its fully ready.

iOS 5 is fine, do 1 first and see how it goes.
Good to hear! Thank you so much for your quick and kind reply :)

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am ios 5 jailbroken with no problems. Besides certain tweaks not working. Just have to wait for an update.

Gzoladz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
I am ios 5 jailbroken with no problems. Besides certain tweaks not working. Just have to wait for an update.

On ipad2?

OP
M

meomeo986

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
No, graywolf has an iPad1, not an iPad2.

Lol i was about to ask

Thanks alots my friends, i upgraded my mom's iPad to 5.0, so far so good, not a single problem yet. Now just wait for 5.0 JB tobe released :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
It is in my signature.

Does anybody read signatures?

They do.... But this thread is clearly about iPad 2...........does anyone read thread titles anymore?

The Archangel

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They do.... But this thread is clearly about iPad 2...........does anyone read thread titles anymore?

The Archangel

Touché. :)

But, the device shouldn't matter that much. If it works good on iPad 1, it should work good on iPad 2 once they release the JB.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
graywolf said:
Touché. :)

But, the device shouldn't matter that much. If it works good on iPad 1, it should work good on iPad 2 once they release the JB.

Once they release it yes, but until they do then the device does very much matter......so let's stop hijacking this thread.

The Archangel

Most reactions