What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

4.3.4 rollback to 4.3.3

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
The next part is putting your iPad into DFU mode......try here

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/27489-dfu-mode-dummies.html

The bit you need is titled "How do you activate DFU mode?"

Once in DFU mode, your iPad seems to be dead....don't worry this is it's first step to JB freedom.

Right. In tiny umbrella, click on start TSS server........
Then plug your iPad into PC, iTunes will open saying you need to recover your iPad........before you click on recover hold the shift button on your PC and keep it pressed whilst you press recover (the shift is the arrow key above CTRL)......this will open a search box, direct it to the 4.3.3 file you just downloaded from the iPad forum...it will be in your downloads file.
From here on it should all go well..........let me know if you have a problem

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Now at this point your iPad is like a brand new shop bought 4.3.3 iPad, it will want to sync to a previous time, I would personally click on the sync as new iPad, this means you will have to reload your music, videos etc. I can't guarantee you will keep all your paid apple apps this way though, if you had any.
Once your iPad is synced....and remember don't click on update to 4.3.4 LOL you can then head over to JailbreakMe 3.0

OP
C

Clk5068

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything worked great!! i am back on 4.3.3 and am reloading my apps now! jailbreaking soon!

thanks for the help!

chris

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's always good to see another successful iPad-ing experience ... and a save of a jail break.

Great job, TheRambler and Poser, in helping the OP. Now that's what iPadForums.net is all about!

Marilyn

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything worked great!! i am back on 4.3.3 and am reloading my apps now! jailbreaking soon!
in the future, it is better to jailbreak first and then load your media etc,etc..
just say jailbreak doesn't work, and you have to do a fresh restore first then proceed to jailbreak again, the time and effort you put into loading that stuff will not have mattered, just saying.

hope you knew about xbackup or pkgbackup, pkgbackup being the popular one, but i use xbackup, they're used for saving your cydia downloads and their settings too, this way you don't have to download them again(time consuming).

i usually load my cydia backups too, before adding my itunes backup(apps, media,etc etc..).

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So Apple is still signing 4.3.3. Whew! I am having some big problems with my jailbroken iPad where I have to restore. I can't even get into safe mode to delete tweaks. I am very glad I should be able to restore to 4.3.3 and not 4.3.4 so I can re-jailbreak.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just remember, when it comes to Apple signing that 4.3.3 version - you are very much on borrowed time! Don't assume they'll still be there...

Get 'em while they're hot ... 'cause they are going fast!

I'm just sayin'...

Marilyn

engelke2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just remember, when it comes to Apple signing that 4.3.3 version - you are very much on borrowed time! Don't assume they'll still be there...

Get 'em while they're hot ... 'cause they are going fast!

I'm just sayin'...

Marilyn

You are SO right! Within an hour, I will be home from work and the very first thing I will do when I get home is to restore to 4.3.3 and then re-jailbreak. I SO do not want to lose it, just because I have a 3G iPad. It will make me almost regret buying that one instead of a WiFi only. Now, when it comes to getting the new model next year, I probably will stick with the WiFi only just to be safe.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now, when it comes to getting the new model next year, I probably will stick with the WiFi only just to be safe.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but by that time all SHSH Blobs will be useless so you won't need to avoid the 3G devices any more. We already know Apple are changing they way they work in IOS5, so once that goes public (Septemberish) there will be no more advantage in blob saving (at least as we understand it today). Saved blobs will only be of use to restore relevant 4.x and 3.x firmwares on existing devices which support them. :(

Still, at least that means you can buy a 3G device if you want one :)

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
and the very first thing I will do when I get home is to restore to 4.3.3 and then re-jailbreak. .

don't forget to backup and transfer purchases and pkgbackup if you can first.

I can't even get into safe mode to delete tweaks. I am very glad I should be able to restore to 4.3.3 and not 4.3.4 so I can re-jailbreak.

i setup my activator, to safe mode when i press both of my volume buttons, this way i have no worries.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts