What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad Owner -- Finally

jloss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all. I am the owner of an iPad 3, my first Apple product. I've owned only Android devices in the past, including the Motorola Xoom tablet. Why did I get an iPad? Because of the apps available for it. My phone is the Samsung Galaxy S III.

Now that I've had the iPad for a few days, some personal perspectives and questions:
  1. I miss the widgets and personalization capabilities of Android. One of the biggest turnoffs of being an Apple owner for me has been the amount of control Apple has over the user. I just don't like it, but I guess I'll have to get used to it until Android tablets have an adequate level of supporting apps.
  2. Why doesn't the iPad have a back button or function? It is so exasperating not to have this feature. You have to depend on each app providing this functionality and some of them don't do it very well.
  3. I find it interesting that some third party apps are better executed on the iPad but some others are not as good as on my Xoom. For some reason, I had this idea that all of them would be better on the iPad.
  4. Other than the amount of apps available for it, please explain to me why I should keep buying future generations of the iPad rather than the best available Android tablet? (And the screen on the iPad 3 is great, but not great enough to make me buy the iPad.) :)

Last edited:

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yay, congratulations on getting an iPad! There is some further customization that can be done by jailbreaking the iPad. Mickey330 might be able to help you there.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPadForum! This Forum offers so much information related to the iPad and its use. The IPF has many discussion topics related to: Acessories, Help, Apple News, Hacking, Gaming, Business/Education, Special Needs and Health.

The iPadForum also includes a Regional Ipad Group for international users across the world. This is a wonderful area to "find" members from your own country.
Regional iPad Groups

If you have not done so, please take a look at the iOS 5.0 and 5.1:
Connecting to the iTunes Store.
iTunes - Books - iPad User Guide for iOS 5.1 by Apple Inc.

Finally, please read the rules!
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions