What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And Changing browser default and best email app

Apple Jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is there a way to change the default from Safari to another browser? And what is the best email app. I would like one that I could select all to delete.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
is there a way to change the default from Safari to another browser? And what is the best email app. I would like one that I could select all to delete.
There are several browser apps available in the App Store, but there's no way to remove Safari as the default browser.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As to 'select all to delete' - I'm not sure if you mean deletion of all messages in your 'Inbox' in the Mail App - if so, take a look @ the second post HERE - believe this series of steps has been suggested here before - I've never given the maneuver a try so I claim no responsibility for the results - good luck. Dave

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When iOS 9 is released, there will be the ability to select trash all to delete everything in an inbox.
image.png

OP
A

Apple Jack

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since I am a recent convert to the iPad your help is greatly appreciated. I am not in love with Safari and I have chosen another browser,but when I select a link in an email it takes me to Safari...frustrating.

As far as mass delete of unwanted emails, the suggestions were spot on...thanks

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since I am a recent convert to the iPad your help is greatly appreciated. I am not in love with Safari and I have chosen another browser,but when I select a link in an email it takes me to Safari...frustrating.

As far as mass delete of unwanted emails, the suggestions were spot on...thanks
If you tap and hold the link in the email, you'll see a pop up appear. One of the options is to copy the link. Do that, then go to your preferred browser app and enter the link in the search bar. It's a workaround, but it does avoid going to Safari.

Most reactions

Latest posts