What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Default browser

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, unfortunately, it's not possible on a stock iPad. You can't change the default behavior of Safari.

Now, if you were to jail break the device, you could set a different default browser. But, again, with stock - it's Apple's way only.

Marilyn

OP
P

pauladev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I guessed that might be the case. Recently Safari has been crashing ver frequently for me, and usually losing work in the process. I will just have to select the browser I use when possible, but it is an inconvenience when links are clicked.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
With Safari crashing on you - have you tried to close out the app fully, then restart or reset the iPad? Sometimes, the iPad needs a swift kick in the software and one of the three (or all) are what does it.

Marilyn

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
as of now I have not found any browsers for the iPad that are better than safari.
if your having issues close safari fully like what was already said, and reboot the iPad.If that fails, perform a restore. Safari should not be crashing.

OP
P

pauladev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
as of now I have not found any browsers for the iPad that are better than safari.
if your having issues close safari fully like what was already said, and reboot the iPad.If that fails, perform a restore. Safari should not be crashing.

I have been down the reboot route and not sure whether the situation has improved as although Safari has been behaving better, I have become accustomed to Dolphin HD, which I also use on my phone, and I am very chary about a full restore, as I had a nightmare with my phone when it crashed completely.
I guess it is just personal preference in the end.
Thanks for your help.

Most reactions