What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am i Locked or not?

DoubleDown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been gifted an iPad 3 (16gb with Cellular) from work and its still in its box, sealed!

Apparently bought from Orange UK on Pay as You Go.

is there any way to find out whether it is network locked without openeing it and trying various sims? I want to eBay the ting but obv. unlocked is more desirable.

TIA

DD

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive been gifted an iPad 3 (16gb with Cellular) from work and its still in its box, sealed!

Apparently bought from Orange UK on Pay as You Go.

is there any way to find out whether it is network locked without openeing it and trying various sims? I want to eBay the ting but obv. unlocked is more desirable.

TIA

DD

Hi,
I presume you are in UK?
If yes then I think it will be safe to assume that your iPad is LOCKED to Orange. (An Orange store will tell you if their Pay and Go iPads are sold locked) - (You can also pay Orange to unlock it).
Unfortunately there is no way that I know of that will allow you to test it without opening it.

Hope your sale goes well on eBay.

Most reactions

Latest posts