What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Ipad Notes suddenly in Mail Sent items

Etoile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All my notes, including erased ones it seems, in chronological order with dates have ended up in my Mail Sent items, sent by me with No recipients. What does it mean?
Many thanks in advance to the experts!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
All my notes, including erased ones it seems, in chronological order with dates have ended up in my Mail Sent items, sent by me with No recipients. What does it mean?
Many thanks in advance to the experts!

Hi, Etoile! Welcome to iPF!
Could it be that you use Gmail for your notes? This seems to be a Gmail issue. As Notes "backs up" to Gmail by sending messages to Gmail, this will also affect all messages that have been sent from/to your account by Notes.

OP
E

Etoile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ahi, Thank you for your reply. I use Gmail, yes, but how could two years of notes, including erased ones, suddenly show up as a huge list of sent mails with " No recipients " in the middle of real mails sent ???

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ahi, Thank you for your reply. I use Gmail, yes, but how could two years of notes, including erased ones, suddenly show up as a huge list of sent mails with " No recipients " in the middle of real mails sent ???

Sorry, I can't answer why this happens.
I only found lots of complaints because of the same issue, some received notes from the last five years.

I also can't give you an advice, except for reporting it to Gmail/Google.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Wow. Just saw the same thing happening. Must be something Google did that doesn't know the difference between how the Notes app sends stuff to the Notes GMail folder and how you regularly send mail.

Don't delete them out of the Sent Mail folder, or it deletes them from the Notes folder too. Maybe you can drag them. I'm not sure, since I deleted all mine. Fortunately, none of them were important, and I have things set up so I get backups in Evernote.

I just added another Note, but it has not gone to the Sent folder, yet.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, thank you! I feel so much better as I thought it was something *I* did.

It doesn't help that I, too, deleted all my notes before I realized what I had done - but at least I wasn't the initial cause of it. Thank goodness I'm like you, twerppoet, in that none of my notes are irreplaceable. But - I'm definitely not trusting Google any longer. I've switched to using iCloud for notes and, most importantly, all the stuff I really, really want is going to put on Evernote.

Quite a harsh way to learn that one shouldn't blindly trust in was has worked before...

Marilyn

OP
E

Etoile

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Nice to hear that I am not the only one! Started to wonder if a hacker was interested in my intimate journal ! :)
I deleted them all but they came back! All in sent items... Well, as long as it stays private, it is Ok.... :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for that info/heads up, KayKayKay. As I'd rather sort my own [minimal amount of] mail, I'm going to turn off this new feature. Nice to know we still can, so far.

Still wish I had some warning about those notes though... :)

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts