What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Appstore purchased icon

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have several iOS devices. Last week apple updated AppStore - the icon "purchased" started to appear on the iPad.
But one of my iPad will not show "purchased" icon on the bottom. IOS 4.33, same AppleID as other iPad.
Does anyone else have seen this issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have several iOS devices. Last week apple updated AppStore - the icon "purchased" started to appear on the iPad.
But one of my iPad will not show "purchased" icon on the bottom. IOS 4.33, same AppleID as other iPad.
Does anyone else have seen this issue?

Several =?
Just that I've read that the books & apps can be downloaded up to 10 idevices for free...

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do both iPads share the same iTunes account? Maybe they're rolling this out slowly across all the iTunes accounts?

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Try restarting the iPad. The changes are server side, and I'm sure that the App Store does some caching, so give it a chance to reload the store. Be patient. It'll show up eventually.

Also, go to the bottom left corner of the Featured page and make sure it is displaying your account ID. I doubt the purchased icon will show up if you are not logged in.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Make sure that in settings - store - you have automatic downloads on.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Only if you want them. They should not affect the presence of the Purchased icon in the store. I don't keep a lot of music on my iPad. I definitely do not want the songs showing up just because I purchased them from some other device or the computer.

I have auto downloads turned on on in iTunes, so that I don't have to worry about syncing them or Transfering Purchases to the computer. On my iPad I only have the Books set to auto download.

Saddly, my Verizon iPhone is not one of the devices that works with the beta iCloud services.

OP
S

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Several =?
Just that I've read that the books & apps can be downloaded up to 10 idevices for free...

iPad, ipad2 and two iphones

OP
S

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Do both iPads share the same iTunes account? Maybe they're rolling this out slowly across all the iTunes accounts?

Tim

Yes using the same id across all devices

OP
S

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Try restarting the iPad. The changes are server side, and I'm sure that the App Store does some caching, so give it a chance to reload the store. Be patient. It'll show up eventually.

Also, go to the bottom left corner of the Featured page and make sure it is displaying your account ID. I doubt the purchased icon will show up if you are not logged in.

Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

Of course I restarted, numerous times. And yes ID is recorded in the bottom left

OP
S

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Czevski said:

Yes it is on and still no purchased icon. And it was on for several days and thru several reboots.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Czevski said:

Yes it is on and still no purchased icon. And it was on for several days and thru several reboots.

Uhhhhmmmm....just for sh1tz & g1gglez....goto settings>store and then tap "store ID"...sign out and sign back in to see if it just might show back up.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm, well all you can do is keep trying. It might be worth a call to Apple Tech support. Remember that this feature is still in beta, and that means glitches and problems are expected.

You know, now that I think about it, Apple releasing a product in beta is just weird. That's a Google sort of MO.

OP
S

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Uhhhhmmmm....just for sh1tz & g1gglez....goto settings>store and then tap "store ID"...sign out and sign back in to see if it just might show back up.

Yes did this as well several times

OP
S

Sverdlov1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Hm, well all you can do is keep trying. It might be worth a call to Apple Tech support. Remember that this feature is still in beta, and that means glitches and problems are expected.

You know, now that I think about it, Apple releasing a product in beta is just weird. That's a Google sort of MO.

Interesting enough, when I try to download an app purchased on a different device - it knows about it. The option is "install" after selecting it.

Most reactions