What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPlay not working

dmoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I frequently use my iPad to stream to my Apple TV. Never have had any issues until now. When I go to pull up on the bar on the bottom of the iPad screen, the AirPlay option no longer shows. I recently updated to the newest OS. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are your iPad and the Apple TV connected to the same Wi-Fi?

If they are, a few other things to try:
Restart iPad, Apple TV and router. (Turn them off and on again.)
Turn off Bluetooth on your iPad.
Turn off AirPlay on your Apple TV, and then turn it on again.
Reset iPad, Apple TV and router. On the iPad, press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Release both, your iPad will power up on it's own. On the Apple TV, unplug it for 30 seconds, then plug it in again. Router: turn it off, maybe also unplug it for some time, then plug it in again and restart it.

Hope that helps.

OP
D

dmoran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know what I did differently, but I turned AirPlay off and on again and it worked.

Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don't know what I did differently, but I turned AirPlay off and on again and it worked.

Well, 'power recycling', rebooting, force closing apps, etc. are usually some of the first steps recommended in troubleshooting a wide variety of problems w/ these devices and apps - just 'clears the cobwebs' - and don't ask 'why' because the experts will simply shrug their shoulders - ;) Dave
10471559-Puzzled-man-at-computer-shrugs-shoulders-and-expresses-lack-of-knowledge-Stock-Photo.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, 'power recycling', rebooting, force closing apps, etc. are usually some of the first steps recommended in troubleshooting a wide variety of problems w/ these devices and apps - just 'clears the cobwebs' - and don't ask 'why' because the experts will simply shrug their shoulders - ;) Dave
View attachment 69480

Or give you a long explanataion that boils down to "computers are complicated".

Or worse, actually go thorugh all the steps that rebooting or restarting your computer (or service) does, and explain what could go wrong with each of these pieces, and how rebooting them clears up those problems; at least temorarily.

Usually, people are just happier if they shurg, and say "magic". Or my favorite, telling them it's like hitting the mule over the head with a 2x4 (attitude adjustment). :rolleyes:

Glboater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're welcome.

I know this is an old post but I’m having the issue with not getting the AirPlay box on several streaming platforms. It’s there on You Tube but not on a site I’ve gone to often. I’ve tried these old “fixes” but nothing. I have Apple TV 4K and my iPad has been upgraded to the new iosIPAD 13. The funny thing is that I’m able to use AirPlay on the same site with my new iPhone 11. Any ideas?

thanks

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There have been so many iOS 13 bugs, I can't remember if this one got fixed in the latest "update" or not. Sure, there are great new features...but a lot of small stuff like this got broken in the process. Are both your iPhone and iPad on the current release, 13.1.2?

Me, I'm waiting. 12.4.1 does everything I need.

Most reactions

Latest posts