What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adventure games for iPad

k9_subsea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I enjoy "Heroes Call". Sorta action RPG in the same vain as "Balders Gate" or "Diablo". It is free as well with some in game purchase that can be made. There is a manditory wait time before you can continue with the story which is a bit strange.... unless you pay! With that being said you can replay past missions to kill the time for more loot. I have played now for a week or so, my guy is up to level 9 and I have not spent one red cent on the game so can't complain at all.

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This app is somewhat an adventure game, and there is a free version, along with a paid full version. Its called Minecraft.

Natureboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some recomendations

Hi, I've just bought my first iPad (3) and I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I've played classic adventure games on the PC for years and was wondering if there are any really good ones for the ipad. I prefer adventure games in the horror/detective/mystery format like Gabriel Knight rather than the more ethereal puzzle based games like Myst. Apologies if this has been covered before but this looks like a very active forum with over 75 pages of posts!! :D

Try the broken sword games, similar to what you are used to playing, also monkey island remakes. Currently no sierra titles yet but you can play a few of the older ones through the website sarien.net. Google 'sierra games on ipad' i'd post the link but there's a stupid rule on this orum oreventing me from doing it. Also sorry or typos. I'm typing on an ipad afterall, we know what that's like right?

Activsion might be letting sarien do market testing for them beore they deide to port these. The back to the future games by telltale are also good if you're a fan of the movies. I know you said you weren't big on myst but 7th guest is also available on ipad same with some older pc action titles like wolfenstein and doom.

Temp66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy Street is not enough adventure game as you think off.go for any sweet one if you look something like that.

Thanks

Dark Lady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi! I can suggest... If a horror adventure - try Relics, detective - Nick Chase: a detective story, mystery - Mystery of the Crystal Portal, as for me, these are great!)

DanRP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
dan-russell-pinson.com
If you like iPad adventure games, I would recommend my latest app, Tipping Point. It was just released yesterday and is off to a good start at #19 for iPad Puzzle Games.

Tipping Point is an immersive, photorealistic adventure game that stimulates both sides of your brain. As you solve a myriad of challenging puzzles, you're rewarded with a satisfying story filled with drama, humor and unexpected plot twists. Original music, lifelike characters, animals and scenery all come together to create a cinematic experience.

Just search for "Tipping Point Adventure Game" in the app store.

All the best,

Dan

KeithG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd love to see adventure games like Jak & Dex or similar, 3D open world, multi level adventure types on the pads, but they'd probably take up a lot of room. If they were involving enough I'd happily pay for them.

There is a pretty good looking adventure game called 'Horn' - it's like a bit of a light mix of Zelda, infinity blade and Skyrim - now, nowhere near the same involvement, but it does look great - it's not free though;

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts