What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adventure games for iPad

xoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought my first iPad (3) and I'm having a great deal of fun with it. I've played classic adventure games on the PC for years and was wondering if there are any really good ones for the ipad. I prefer adventure games in the horror/detective/mystery format like Gabriel Knight rather than the more ethereal puzzle based games like Myst. Apologies if this has been covered before but this looks like a very active forum with over 75 pages of posts!! :D

OP
X

xoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Blimey - 410 views so far and not a single recommendation for an adventure game. Am I to assume that none exist for the iPad? :confused:

OP
X

xoso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks fleur, I suppose I should be grateful for a response but 'not as bad as it seems' isn't exactly selling it to me and having a quick look it hardly seems like it's an adventure game ;)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My kid plays Crimson. Again not a true adventure game, but it appears to have quite a strategy to it, in a naval warfare sort of sense. It's free, with in-app purchases for higher levels.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Playerout

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you like adventure games you could try Natalie Brooks, the treasures of the lost kingdom....or Spear of Destiny. They both have cool graphic and gameplay!!

Woolfy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try Roombreak, 1112 and Drawn; all 3 are enjoyable although not Gabriel Knight quality

feety9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Big Fish Games has a pop-up for iPhone/iPad games. Covers all sorts of different types of games to suit all different tastes. Covers different age groups too. Perhaps worth a look. Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker C.E. is quite good. lost in the City: Post Scriptum, also a good choice. Maestro: Music of Death. Thumbs up. There are heaps there, just needs for you to choice the ones you like. Hope this is helpful.

feet9

blackfilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The porta of Monkey Island are great, but if you're searching for something original i don't know. I'd like to play some great adventure myself :) Well, the Walking Dead game is coming to iOS, read some rave reviews about it.

Most reactions

Latest posts