What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding iBooks Categories

ulinbac

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm a apple user (max) and yesterday my dad converted to the ipad, mainly for ibooks.

He is having trouble adding categories to iBooks. At the moment the categories he has access to is bibliographies, history, philosophy, romance etc. The only books available are free books also.

He reads mainly thriller and crime genres so it is important to have these available. Anyone have any idea how to change this because the search in IBook doesn't work.

Could it be that we are situated in Ireland?

Thanks in advance,

UlinBac

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
What is available in the iBooks Store varies a lot with the country, so I'd guess that you are seeing all there is. It's a copyright permission issue with various publishers. There is no way for you to add more categories short of getting a U.S. account. I know a few people have done this, usually using a relatives address, but I don't know how.

In the mean time give the Kindle App a go. You can get your kindle books on the Amazon.com site and then sync them to the iPad. They have about the same selection of free books as the iBooks Store; probably more.

Another app to get, if it is available in Ireland, is Stanza. There are several built in stores, some with free books. It isn't as nice a reader interface as iBooks or Kindle, but still very usable.

Don't forget that if you can find DRM free ePub books on the web you can sync those with iBooks via iTunes. I'm very fond of Baen.com which has quite a few free scifi titles.

Happy reading.

Most reactions

Latest posts