What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Add sound to video

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

My situation is that I want to add sound to a video I am going to make on my non-Mac laptop. The video is basically a run through of a Powerpoint, I will be screen recording. The problem is that my laptop's mic doesn't work anymore so I was thinking of using my iPad to record sound and add it. It would be a lot easier to somehow, if possible, use my iPad 3 as a microphone in real time and add it to the video with no further tinkering. Might be a bit hopeful, but does this exist? Or is it possible to record my iPad screen and record sound? I have PPTlike app on my iPad. That would be 3 apps simultaneously :/ ...

What do you guys recommend?

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does this audio your using need to be synced to the video, like vocals matching words as you see them on the screen? If this is the case then unless your edit savvy, your going to encounter problems. If you want to use your iPad then try an app called Smart Recorder DE Lite. This app allows you to record then share your files with iTunes, on WiFi, Dropbox, email, and more. After you record your audio just import it in to your video editing software your using. No matter what at some point the audio will have to be synced to the video. If you have more questions let me know. I will try to assist you further.

Ben
Lead AV Tech

jimmy258

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, you can use your iPad to record sound and then add it to your video with a movie maker application.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts