1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

AC/DC USB Charger N/G?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by PeteMoss, Mar 28, 2011.

1. PeteMoss

PeteMoss iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This white adaptor for wall plugs, to charge up iPad does nothing. A USB 2.0 port does charge her up, but upon many hours. Are iPad's batteries f*cked?
  2. DontUnderstandMyIpad

DontUnderstandMyIpad iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    A pc USB port does not supply enough current to charge an iPad any faster then trickle charging. It will take ages charging on a PC, because they don't supply the 10A usually draws while charging.

If your wall charger does not work, it might be broken, any Apple Store will replace it.
  3. PeteMoss

PeteMoss iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK ... Tnx ...

Sent from my iPad using iPF / Ars longa, vita brevis.
  4. H1RedWagonMan

H1RedWagonMan iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was wondering about the USB charger as well, as mine wasn't getting charged. My AC Wall charger does keep it charged up in short order. Was news to me about the charging difference.
  5. Phosen

Phosen iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    if you change another style ,like that one with output current: 2.1A,I believe this is very useful to speed up the charging time