What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/V Connector Question

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Component A/V Connector and it works fine (picture is only okay though), but I'm wondering if there is any way to be able to pause the video remotely, i.e., either with an iPhone, Bluetooth mouse (this would probably require a jailbreak which I'd prefer to avoid) or otherwise? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an Ipod dock with the IR Remote window then you can use your Apple remote directly.
You may need a cable to be able to connect the iPad to the dock though,but it works.

Ed

OP
R

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you have an Ipod dock with the IR Remote window then you can use your Apple remote directly.
You may need a cable to be able to connect the iPad to the dock though,but it works.

Ed

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure that I'm following the suggestion though. I'm looking to control the iPad remotely when it is connected to a TV via the A/V component connection kit. I'm probably missing something, but I think your suggestion would control an iPod, but then how would the iPod control the iPad. I don't think there would be a way to connect the iPod to the iPad since the iPad connection port is being used for the A/V component cable. Is there is a way to control an iPad with an iPhone via Bluetooth?

AVService

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPod dock will also work with the iPad as long as you ca get it connected in the first place.
Since the iPad will not sit on the connector on the dock directly you will either need to take it apart a little or use an extension cable to get them connected.

Then you would just connect your component able to the dock and the TV and the remote that controls the ipod will control the iPad instead.

OP
R

RMSko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess another option is the Bluetooth keyboard, but that is more expensive.

Most reactions

Latest posts