What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A/V cables

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the A/V (apples or 3rd party ) connect directly to the Ipads connector or do you need to use the dock accessory ?

ok let me explain …. yet many 3rd party cable for Iphone didn’t work out for iPad, this is clearly notified to the one develop (like us) products for Apple with the logo : madeforIpod, workwithIphone ….

many will say that work, but when you get back home you will get some surprise : didn’t work low quality and garbed result ...

they have not yet release the special certification for iPad (more than 2 month we are waiting for) but all our cable especially made for iPad work out well, it’s one of the reasons we have not yet open our shop

We have made all cable really adapted of the iPad needing: long cable strong and serious head and quality connector …

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I plugged my IPAD directly into the AV cable in place of my IPOD and it worked just fine. I have not tested every application but this test leads me to believe that any standard cable will plug in and work. I mean, its designed to accept any standard headphone with micro plugs so . . .

Is that what you are asking?

OP
J

jrw

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ipadforums.net
Does the A/V (apples or 3rd party ) connect directly to the Ipads connector or do you need to use the dock accessory ?

ok let me explain …. yet many 3rd party cable for Iphone didn’t work out for iPad, this is clearly notified to the one develop (like us) products for Apple with the logo : madeforIpod, workwithIphone ….

many will say that work, but when you get back home you will get some surprise : didn’t work low quality and garbed result ...

they have not yet release the special certification for iPad (more than 2 month we are waiting for) but all our cable especially made for iPad work out well, it’s one of the reasons we have not yet open our shop

We have made all cable really adapted of the iPad needing: long cable strong and serious head and quality connector …
Thank you for you response, am waiting for you to open your store. Any idea on when you will be open and will you ship to the USA?

Rasputina

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the apple ones, so I can't answer about 3rd party ( but 3rd party doesn't work with the latest ipod and iphone models) You can just plug it in on the headphone jack.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh and audio will work with any app. I've been using mine to plug into my bose comp speakers and watch netflix on my ipad.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There can be differences in each device, and some coding issues that can make picking a cable complicated. I bought a video player that was designed to work with the iPods. I soon found out that it only worked on early generation iPods and the encoding on my 3rd gen Nano was not compatible. Now my BIL has a sweet DVD player that I paid for. I am going to be curious if my Sony sound surround iPod dock is going to work with my iPad.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well watch out for how those docks are setup. Some are slighly recessed to fit the iPod/iPhone, which will be to small for the iPad to fit correctly.

Also what is this I hear about movies baught on the iPad not being able to display on TVs, or is that just rented Movies that aren't permitted to be displayed through the AV hookup.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts