What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A question about GlassOrb theme

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi, I dl'd GlassOrb yesterday and set it up in Winterboard. My problem is this; of my 106 springboard icons, only 6 are round. I thought that most, if not all would become round, else I wouldn't have bought the app. Does anyone here use this theme who could shed some light on what I may mave done incorrectly. Thanks.

Cheers, Dan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To ask the obvious: Is the theme for an iPad? The icon names are different on the iPad (and then different again on the iPad3).

If yes, then the only suggestion I can give is to compare the icon names in the theme to those on your iPad using either iFile or iFunbox. Then, if you find disparities, you can make changes.

that's really all I can think of to do. Sorry.

Marilyn

OP
dstuttgen

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the theme for an iPad?
Yes

the only suggestion I can give is to compare the icon names in the theme to those on your iPad using either iFile
I didn't find any icon names in the theme. The only things listed in Winter Board are:
Glass Orb_iPad_W+D

Glass Orb_iPad_UISounds

Glass Orb_iPad_SBWall

Glass Orb_iPad_LSWall

Glass Orb_iPad

Where do the Cydia apps live in iFile. I wandered in and out of so many folders that I felt like I was lost in a house of doors.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for the follow-up Marilyn.

Cheers, Dan

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Go to the specific Themes folder in iFile (/var/stash/Themes). Each/any icon that is themed should be under the folder titled "Bundles." Once you open the Bundle folder, you should see a whole bunch of folders, which are labeled by the bundle identifier name of the app (for example, the Mail app will have a folder titled "com.apple.mobilemail").

All App Store apps will be listed under Applications (in the left panel of iFile with the iPad in landscape mode). You'll have to look through them to find how Apple has named the icon. Or, you can get a free tweak from Cydia called AppInfo, which will display (usually) the name of the icon (and the app's Bundle ID).

The Cydia apps are all the way back in iFile (/Applications). You can look at them also to get the icon names and Bundle IDs.

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Go to the specific Themes folder in iFile (/var/stash/Themes). Each/any icon that is themed should be under the folder titled "Bundles." Once you open the Bundle folder, you should see a whole bunch of folders, which are labeled by the bundle identifier name of the app (for example, the Mail app will have a folder titled "com.apple.mobilemail").

All App Store apps will be listed under Applications (in the left panel of iFile with the iPad in landscape mode). You'll have to look through them to find how Apple has named the icon. Or, you can get a free tweak from Cydia called AppInfo, which will display (usually) the name of the icon (and the app's Bundle ID).

The Cydia apps are all the way back in iFile (/Applications). You can look at them also to get the icon names and Bundle IDs.

Hope some of this helps.

Marilyn

Marilyn! Thank you!!! For the cydia tweak app info!!! Jeeeez I went crazy the other day trying to find photo app in ifile, I forgot my password and needed to look through thr file to find it, one by one I was open the files looking for the one I wanted! I had no clue there was a tweak like this! Thank you! And I found my password too :)

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
dstuttgen said:
Yes

I didn't find any icon names in the theme. The only things listed in Winter Board are:
Glass Orb_iPad_W+D

Glass Orb_iPad_UISounds

Glass Orb_iPad_SBWall

Glass Orb_iPad_LSWall

Glass Orb_iPad

Where do the Cydia apps live in iFile. I wandered in and out of so many folders that I felt like I was lost in a house of doors.

Anyway, Thanks a lot for the follow-up Marilyn.

Cheers, Dan

Dan, any luck on getting more icons themed? I have that theme too but changed it right away because of the lack of themed icons.

Most reactions

Latest posts