What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"a" key repeating on iPad 2

potluck8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased a used iPad 2 off of craigslist and have a problem with the "a" key repeating 2 or 3 times almost every time I hit it. Is there as any kind of fix for this? I know it had been dropped and a new screen was installed. Everything else seems to be fine but this is annoying. Got it for a good price so I could take it to Apple for a fix if I have to.
Thanks for any help.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
potluck8 said:
I just purchased a used iPad 2 off of craigslist and have a problem with the "a" key repeating 2 or 3 times almost every time I hit it. Is there as any kind of fix for this? I know it had been dropped and a new screen was installed. Everything else seems to be fine but this is annoying. Got it for a good price so I could take it to Apple for a fix if I have to.
Thanks for any help.

When you rotate to portrait does the same behavior happen because the physical location of the virtual keys changes.....

OP
P

potluck8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, it seems to only occur in the landscape mode.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
potluck8 said:
Well, it seems to only occur in the landscape mode.

And when you flip landscape mode?

Sounds like bad contact area of display. No firmware fix, hardware and likely the entire display....

OP
P

potluck8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I think you're correct. When I flip landscape it works fine so basically only happens in one position. I'll take it into the Apple store and see what they have to say.
Thank you for your input. You made me think!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts